Read more »
I’m SO not a hard-core hiker for lots of reasons. Wrong temperament. Wrong size. Wrong fitness level. And my holidays are NEVER just about the hike. Or hikes. But although
Read more »
I’d be able to fund my Aussie travel ’til the end of time if I had a buck for every time I’ve heard someone say ‘I wish I could see
Read more »
The Limestone Coast is WAY too big for one blog post – that’s why you’ll find Part One of my Limestone Coast Beginners Guide HERE! In Part One, there’s 6
Read more »
A simple word association test will more than likely give you results like these: Northern Territory = Uluru. Queensland = Barrier Reef. New South Wales = Sydney Harbour Bridge. Tasmania
My Book: Aussie Loos with Views!
Welcome to the home of Aussie Loos with Views! the tell-all book and unique Australian travel guide with over 60 of the most pleasurable places to do ‘business’ in OZ!
I’m Marion Halliday and as Red Nomad OZ – arguably Australia’s best known loo lover and outhouse observer – I’ve been showcasing Aussie Scenic Public Toilets for over five years right here on my website, updated from Amazing Australian Adventures to RedzAustralia – and now to Australia by Red Nomad OZ!
WHERE can I get it?
Aussie Loos with Views! is out of print now, but you MIGHT be able to find a copy on eBay, or in a bookstore or op shop! If you’d REALLY like a copy and you’re having trouble finding one, contact me and I’ll see what I can do 😀
How did the Scenic Loo thing start?
A few years ago, we pulled into the Kata Tjuta carpark and picnic area where I used the amenities before heading out on the walks. From the doorway, the awesome rocky domes were right there in front of me. This was – and still is – one of the most stunning views from a convenience block I’ve ever seen!
But was it Australia’s finest?
I didn’t know. And no one else could tell me.
So I started looking for myself!
When I started my blog over 5 years ago, my regular travel series featuring Australia’s Scenic Public Toilets were my most popular posts. Then came a calendar – and then came the book!
So what’s in the book?
Aussie Loos with Views! features more than 60 hand-picked scenic loos from all around the country complete with colour photographs and commentary.
The book includes two loos that even I haven’t seen yet – Yvonne Newman’s photos of the wonderful loo that takes ‘scenic’ to new levels at Tarkine Forest Adventures; and Rick Coxhill’s photo of the Pelion Plains loo – with (arguably) the most expensive waste in OZ – on the Overland Track.
I look forward to discovering these for myself when I’m next in Tasmania.
Read Aussie Loos with Views! and you’ll be on a Great Aussie Loo Tour via the attractions of many regional and rural areas all around Australia.
That’s nice .. but what’s that got to do with me?
Good question! Here’s a few good reasons to get a copy:
- It’s Father’s Day!
- Your father missed out on it for Father’s Day, so you’d better get it for him for Christmas!
- The smallest room in your house needs some new reading material
- It’s your best mate’s birthday
- See if a loo from YOUR area is featured
- Does the world really need another celebrity chef cookbook?
- It’s easy to read!
- Your friends are travelling around Australia
- YOU want to take the Great Aussie Loo Tour!
- It’ll remind you of Australia every time you see it
- Find out what Marion Halliday has been up to
- Your parents have a copy of ‘Dinkum Dunnies’ from the 70’s and need to upgrade
- No one at home will believe there’s actually a book about Aussie loos!
It’s your boss’s birthday!
- You need some compelling reading for your customer waiting room
- It’s SO cool, it’s HOT!!
- The pictures are great.
- You saw me on Weekend Sunrise!
- Finally, there’s a gift to suit EVERYONE (well … almost!)
- Get a copy before the next print run and it’ll be a collectors item.
- Buy this book – and there just might be a second one!!
- See for yourself what made Susan Kurosawa wince in her Weekend Australian review … (if you have a subscription …)
- You heard about it on the radio and you want to see the real thing for yourself.
- You’re over all the bad news …
- If the Aussie economy is heading down the toilet, you’d like to see where it might end up!
- You want to be a dunny detective too!
- It’s never too early to start your Christmas shopping!
- The 2nd print run just MIGHT run out before you get YOUR copy. STOP PRESS! It has 🙁
- You want to watch people’s reactions while you’re reading it on the train. Or bus. Or ferry.
Any other reasons? Let me know in the comments below!
How much does it cost?
The recommended retail price is $19.95.
Where can I get it?
Try your local on-line or actual bookstore!
My first in-store book sighting (see left) was at the Book Warehouse in Lismore, New South Wales with an AWESOME display including an old tin dunny, extra ‘special’ loo paper and posters!
I even signed a few copies there!
If you’re having trouble tracking down a copy, go online and do a quick search!
Where do I find even MORE great Aussie Loos with Views?
I’ve discovered even more outrageous outhouses, fabulous facilities and dunnies of distinction on the road – I’ve stumbled across some of them by ‘accident’ – so I’m already thinking about ‘Aussie Loos – Number Two’!
But being the go-to girl for Aussie loos – I’m a toilet tragic with a travel habit and above-average dunny detection skills – means I’ll keep tracking them down!
AND … posting the good ones on my Aussie Loos with Views! Facebook Page where you can find the latest in Aussie Loo-Land!
In the meantime, why not check out the loos I’ve discovered already right HERE on RedzAustralia! Like that true Aussie loo in this photo from Andamooka?!
Stay tuned! I’ve got a LOT more Aussie loos with Views to show you!