Last Updated on September 15, 2014 by Red Nomad OZ
Check out the ALL different 2012 Aussie 12 days of Christmas HERE!!
And … for those who care about such things, here’s the details:
- 12: A selection of Medals from the Melbourne War Memorial Museum display, Victoria
- 11: OK … so there’s more than 11 wind turbines at Wattle Point Wind Farm, Yorke Peninsula SA – but I only counted the ones in the front row!! The BIG ones!!
- 10: Some of you might count these South Australian Flinders Ranges Peaks and get a different number. I get 10 … so 10 it is!
- 9: I only counted the significant Mallee trunks in the Swan Reach Conservation Park, SA!
- 8: While there are only 6 arrows on the sign before the last stretch up Mt Kosciuszko, NSW (OZ highest mountain), I considered the altitude and location also to be points of interest. So sue me!
- 7: Seven Mile Beach at Lennox Head, NSW. Yes, back in the dim, distant past, we also used the imperial measurement system. Some place names reflect this!
- 6: If you count the strata layers in this hill on the Bararanna Gorge Walk in SA’s Arkaroola Wilderness Sanctuary and get a different number, you’re just not doing it right! Try again!!
- 5: Australia Telescope Compact Array via Narrabri, NSW – also the site of Australian Scenic Public Toilet with the BIGGEST view (ie of the whole universe). There are actually 6 – but the other one is several km away. Besides, I’d already found something with 6!!
- 4: Turtle Cakes made by my awesome sister-in-law L! Jealous? You should be!!
- 3: Seals basking on SA’s Goolwa Barrages near the Murray River Mouth that stop salt water from the sea going further up the Murray River. I don’t think the seals care.
- 2: I’m not sure of the correct scientific name for these orchids in South Australia – but down here we call them Bulldogs!
- 1: I’d like to think this was a Christmas beetle with colours like these! But who knows? Certainly not me!!