Weird Stuff #9 – Magnetic Hill, South Australia
The Magnetic Hill Magnet, via Orroroo, South Australia
Discovering the Daleks of Khancoban
in a remote Snowy Mountains hideaway was, I thought, the pinnacle of my paranormal participation in the world of real-life Australian sci-fi.
But that was before Magnetic Hill South Australia struck back.
Pushing for a place in the paranormal pantheon, and surrounded by this mid-North peaceful pastoral panorama, the sign promised a strange and bizarre extrasensory experience.
Magnetic Hill sign via Orroroo, South Australia
And raised a few questions …
Like would we be able to stop the Magnetic Hill tractor beam from sucking the car off the face of the earth and into some interplanetary vortex?
Or at the very least, off the edge of the hill??
Which way would a hip-replacement recipient roll???
And … perhaps most importantly – what WAS our car really made of????
Ready to ROLL, Magnetic Hill, South Australia
Putting aside the real possibility of being beamed into another dimension, we followed the instructions carefully.
In the interests of full disclosure I offer the following disclaimers:
- Pilchard SWEARS he didn’t touch any of the car controls
- The angle of the shot doesn’t fully capture the slight incline behind the car
- Out of the force field the car behaved quite differently
- The tremor visible on the footage is caused by either the magnetic force field OR the excitement of this extraordinary experiment …
- The resulting video quality may mean some features of this exciting moment have been lost forever …
Just between us – my first thought was that the car must really be made of plastic …
SO … is Magnetic Hill South Australia an elaborate prank? Or a real touch of the Paranormal?? Or is the explanation a little more prosaic??? YOU decide!!