I’m SOOOOOOOOO lucky!
As for the award – “The Sunshine Blog Award is [apparently] awarded to bloggers whose positivity and creativity inspires others in the blogosphere”. And yes, NJAMB actually means me!! In case you were wondering …
To remove all doubt, here’s what she wrote!
Where was she when I needed a résumé?!?!
No matter. She’s here now!! Love you too, NJAMB – everyone should have a friend like you!! Despite the clear dearth of responsible adults and suitable role models in your formative years …
So I guess that means I’m going to accept the award – like THAT was in any doubt! But with great power comes great responsibility (sound familiar? Does ‘Spiderman’ ring a bell??) – and now it’s payback time! Here’s what I have to do!
* Thank the person who gave this award and write a post about it – CHECK!
* Answer the following [odd mix of] questions below – CHECK!!
* Pass the award to 10 fabulous bloggers, link their blogs and let them know you awarded them – CHECK!!!
Too easy … although the apparent simplicity of the questions below is deceptive …
1. Favorite color? Well, duh! RED, of course!! And I’ve got two blog post series to prove it: My FavouRED OZ things for my RED Aussie stuff – and RED Alert for guest RED photos and interviews (new post coming real soon!)
2. Favorite animal? For what? Eating? Playing with?? Photographing??? Having a stuffed toy replica of???? Listening to????? Too hard … although when I really think about it, my favourite would have to be the Pilchard!!
3. Favorite number? 13. No, I’m not superstitious. The number ’13’ is numerologically significant in my vital statistics, which is lucky for me – even if it isn’t for anyone else!
4. Favorite drink? Yes, please!
5. Facebook or Twitter? I remain a Facebook virgin … and my @RedNomadOZ tweets are clearly WAAAAAAY too dull for Lonely Planet to Retweet – hell, why are these my only two options?? I’ve been told I give good email …
6. Your passion? ‘I love a sunburnt country, A land of sweeping plains, Of ragged mountain ranges, Of droughts and flooding rains … An opal hearted country, A wilful, lavish land! All you who have not loved her, You will not understand …’ (click HERE to read the rest of Dorothea MacKellar’s classic Aussie poem ‘My Country’)
7. Giving or getting presents? I’m an each-way-bet kind of girl …
8. Favorite day? So many to choose from downunder here in OZ! To prove my point, click HERE for a perfect moment; and HERE for a perfect day!! Jealous yet? You should be!
9. Favorite flower? Of course it’s the RED Sturt’s Desert Pea (Swainsona formosa) and floral emblem of South Australia! Thanx, sis for the pic!!
Now for the hard part – choosing ONLY 10 fabulous bloggers who have inspired the blogosphere with their creativity and positivity (if that’s really a word). If your blog isn’t below, please don’t take it personally, or think that I don’t appreciate your contribution – this time, I’ve selected bloggers that I haven’t awarded before!
Here they are (in blog name reverse alphabetical order, just in case you’re feeling competitive …).
Awardees – if you wish to do more than bask in the glow of your very own Sunshine award, feel free to pass it on! You certainly don’t have to … consider this a small down payment for the priceless enjoyment I’ve had from you!!
TriGirl at Tri-Ing to be Athletic
A visit to TriGirl’s hilarious take on training for triathlons will make those of you who know me wonder what we have in common!! But … while our lives are very different, our sense of humour is the same, which is why I laugh myself silly over her hilarious cartoons!
Dina at That Weird American Who’s Obsessed With Australia
Dina’s fascinating and incisive take on OZ often gives me pause. Just goes to show that you don’t have to live in a country to show its citizens a thing or two …
FruitCake at scuze i
FruitCake’s well written and researched opinions on just about anything are required reading – if you care about topical issues and you’re not afraid to laugh until you pee!
Saucy Kod at Saucy Kodz Blog
What fun it always is to pay a visit to Saucy Kod and Puppy Jack (PJ)! Seeing Canada – and life – through their eyes makes every virtual trip worthwhile …
Diane at On the Alberta/Montana Border
Diane is a born raconteur … and if, like me, you sometimes want to lose yourself in another time and place, then pay her a visit!
Jane and Lance Hattatt at HATTATT
It’s quite possible that I have nothing in common with this refined couple whose elegant prose describes a way of life so far removed from my own downunder here in OZ! But that’s what’s so great about the world wide web, right?
Rubye Jack at Blue Skies, Sunny Days
If you’re looking for beautifully written fine storytelling, thought Iprovoking posts and a wry sense of humour (and who ISN’T?!?!) then Rubye’s is the place to be!
Windsmoke at Bizarre Scribble
Windsmoke’s jokes were the initial drawcard. But I keep coming back for the wonderful images in his haiku – and more recently, the hilarious anagrams!!
Alessandra at Alessandra Zecchini
Recipes, photography, travel … it’s all happening across the ditch (aka in New Zealand) where this feisty Italian cooks, produces recipe books, tours and makes me salivate on a regular basis!
Sallie at A Full Time Life
A traveller like me, Sallie’s stories and photos almost make me want to head to where she’s been just to check it out! I’ll probably go once I’m done touring OZ!!
Diane at Adventures before Dementia
Diane’s already shown me places in OZ I can’t wait to see! So of COURSE her blog is required reading! Oh! And she does a fine line in reminiscence as well …
Oh! Nearly forgot!!
Yes, the Journey Jottings Product Pack has been won! My very first giveaway – a FAAAABULOUS Aussie Product Pack donated by Linda of Journey Jottings fame – closed last night (OZ time).
Thank you to all those who entered – I loved your entries so much it was VEEEERRY difficult to pick a winner! If ONLY I’d made it easier for myself by letting random.org do the selections …
BUT … the winning entry not only made me laugh the most, but the entrants are also CLEARLY in need of a map!!
The winner is ….
Wait for it …
Yes, this is getting annoying, right?!?!?!
So without further ado …
Jane and Lance Hattatt with ‘We know that Australia is DOWN UNDER but where EXACTLY?!!!’
Congratulations Jane and Lance – please email me your postal address so I can send you your prize! Click on the ’email’ link in my profile to send me your message!
For those who were unsuccessful (and anyone else who’s jealous as hell of this marvellous prize), all is not lost! Why not head back over to Journey Jottings and have another look at Linda’s fine products? I’m sure you’ll find something you can console yourselves with …
AND … Linda has a special deal going for the unsuccessful entrants! In her words …
“As the WINNER has now been announced, I’d like to offer all the runners-up a 2 for 1 consolation deal! Go to our website and purchase any product(s) and we’ll send you not one but two of whatever you select 🙂 Add in the notes “CODE RED” so we know to send 2 for 1. If you select a magnet or puzzle postcard and would like 2 different regions, enter the 2nd region in the notes too – Or, to play super safe email us to confirm your 2nd selection – Thanks Red for augmenting and judging your first fun #giveaway! All the best for the festive season 🙂 Linda”
Until next time … I’ll leave you with a flashback to that fabulous ‘feel good’ classic – ‘I’m Walking on Sunshine’ by Katrina and the Waves!!